Health tourism is not something new. Even in Roman times, people began to travel from their home country to places such as sanatoriums that offered medical procedures and recreation at the same time. For today, medical tourism is millions of people from countries around the world who travel to gain access to treatment. Men and women usually choose to travel outside their country for a number of reasons, depending on their illness and the condition of medical care at home. Treatment abroad for patients is often cheaper than at home and this is the main reason for choosing a foreign country. Also, the lack of medical insurance forces patients to go abroad for certain treatments. Health tourism offers an excellent alternative to expensive private medical services but at the same level of quality. You can also ask for help from your state but most likely, you will be waiting in line for about two years, while abroad you can get treatment much earlier. Health tourism offers patients the specialized services such as dentistry, cosmetic surgery or plastic surgery. Health tourism company.
In general, the kind of such tourism is most often found between developed and developing countries. Most Western Europeans travel to the countries of the former Soviet Union or to cheaper European ones. Mexico and Latin America are popular for Americans and people from all over the world travel to hot spots of medical tourism in Malaysia, Turkey, Singapore, and Thailand. Although medical tourism has been developed due to simple procedures such as dentistry and cosmetic surgery, today you can get any treatment and do any surgery abroad including extensive orthopedics, replacement of the hip or knee joint, complicated cardiovascular work and infertility treatment.
When we talk about medical tourism, you can make the right choice using a medical tourism agent or facilitator to find and book your trip and discuss all the details. Despite the fact that the choice of the country for medical tourism is very wide and numerous of companies offering you their services, there are common features that should be paid attention to when choosing a travel abroad for the purpose of treatment. It can be very difficult for you to make a decision about the best health tourism company with so many countries that now offer their services in the medical tourism market. It is like choosing a holiday. Some men and women prefer a quiet beach resort, while others prefer a culture of urban recreation. However, a medical trip is something more than a holiday, as patients get better health by solving their health problems and rested appearance. It is very important to find a balance between the main elements when choosing a country for travel. You should consider some pieces of advice when choosing your health tourism company.
1) The cost of services is one of the most important aspects that you need pay attention and check. You can ask some people from the health tourism team to tell you the exact sum and find out which aspects of medical tourism they are going to cover. The best health travel company will consult you and will always help you, send medical reports to a foreign team of doctors. Their services also include assisting you in obtaining a passport and visa for traveling abroad if necessary.
2) All people, without exception, are interested in the final price. Nevertheless, sometimes it is hard to say because everyone has his or her own individual illness and its complications. However, the cost of all the facilities is included in the package, which consists of an air tickets transportation, costs of treatment, hospital fees, hotel accommodation, three meals a day, pre and post-operative care, sightseeing. Compare the prices of various medical facilitators for the best solution.
3) Choose a health tourism company that will allow you to speak with surgeons abroad before you make the initial payment. A video conference session with surgeons who will treat you abroad can help you to draw a clear picture of their knowledge and experience. After this conference, you will feel more confident in your decisions. You can go ahead or require another surgeon. Facilitators can request your medical records and send them to foreign doctors so that they can provide proper advice through a video conference.
4) Health tourism professionals should allow you to talk with some of their previous clients who had similar health problems, or who went to the same hospital or medical tourism point.
5) Choose a health tourism specialist who will provide you with a money back guarantee. This means that even if you change your mind halfway through the procedure, you will receive a significant portion of the money that you paid.
- You can avoid unforeseen expenses with the help of the agency because you will have one price in which everything will be included.
- The facilitators will tell you the best countries and clinics to find the treatment that you want at the best price.
- Specialists in health tourism have a lot of experience and understand exactly what you need to make your trip successful.
- Health travel companies can access special offers and discounts not available to the patients, including discounts on your procedures.
- A health travel company will deal with every aspect of your abroad traveling, from door to door, so you should not worry about forgetting something.
- Many serious medical tourism companies can provide many patients with a certain priority when booking popular clinics, hotels, and flights.
Most companies engaged in health tourism can boast of their high quality and faithful services on their sites. With the countless helpers of medical tourism around you, it is difficult to choose the right one. Not all facilitators are completely honest with their clients in terms of pricing, services, and terms. The lack of transparency and dishonesty of medical coordinators can put you in serious trouble when you finally go abroad for treatment. That is why medical tourists should be careful in choosing their medical travel company.