Many people today do not know what hair transplant is. But this is so important! Alopecia, which greatly reduces the self-esteem of many men and women, is not a diagnosis and even more, it can easily be corrected in 6-10 hours. The thing is that the hair of the occipital and temporal parts of the head (donor zones) has the greatest genetic resistance to negative hormonal effects, which predetermines hair loss by 90%. When hair is transplanted into the recipient zone, bulbs from the occipital part do not lose their qualities, take root, and persist for life.
To date, new techniques, tools, equipment allow surgeons not only to eliminate bald patches of almost any size, but also to build up a moustache, beard, and whiskers to men, to create elegant eyebrows for women. Moreover, the high density of the hair cover (from 100 to 150 per square cm, or up to 85% of the natural cover) is restored. In addition, modern hair transplant keeps the hair tilt, growth angle, and even “curly hair”. In addition to creating a hairstyle, hair restoration helps mask on the head the effects of trauma, burns, and injuries.
What is the procedure of hair transplant? Which hair is used for hair restoration? From what areas and how are the hairs extracted? Does any scar remain after the transplantation of hair? How much does a hair transplant cost? We will help you deal with all these issues and even more.
Step 1: Why should I choose a hair transplant for me?
Beautiful and well-groomed hair is the dream of any and every guy and every girl. However, many people start to lose hair at a very young age that they want to cry. For the most desperate and ready-to-measure surgeons offer a universal panacea. About hair implantation there are too many legends, so we could not pass by and not dispel the most popular of them.
It is believed that the main candidates of hair restoration are men. We agree that a stronger sex is more often solved for this surgical intervention because baldness in men is due to genetic causes, the main one of which is the lack of testosterone in the body. Since testosterone is still a male hormone, it becomes clear why women are less prone to this ailment. However, this problem is not bypassed women’s side, too. The earliest methods of transplant looked too clumsy and gave an absolutely unnatural result. If for unpretentious men this effect was quite acceptable, then not all women decided on this procedure (hair transplant for women). Obviously, this is the first reason that hair transplantation has become associated exclusively with the male procedure.
It was in the past. To date, with the help of the new FUE method, which leaves no visible traces after the procedure, it can be confidently ensured that hair restoration is a procedure for both men and women.
However, for a hair transplant, you will have to meet certain criteria. Among them, the main criteria are age, diabetes and, of course, the state of the donor area. In addition, the causes of baldness are important. So, let’s consider the answers to the question “Who can make a hair restoration” or “Who should make a preference for transplantation.” Now let’s see who can use the FUE method.
The main advantage of FUE hair transplant is the absence of a strip after the procedure. For this reason, good candidates are:
- Patients with a very short hairstyle choose FUE hair transplant method because after the operation there are no visible traces.
- The FUE method is preferable to young people who lost hair early, as it is impossible to determine future hair loss.
- In patients who previously used the FUT method, the second transplantation can be done by the FUE method due to the sensitivity of the scalp. Thus, new hair follicles can be harvested without damaging the old hair roots.
- the FUE hair restoration method can close the area from which hair follicles were previously extracted by the FUT method
- hair loss in men (androgenic)
- hair loss in women
- hair loss due to burns
- scars received during accidents or surgically (such as surgery on the brain and facelift)
- with hair loss due to infection
- with congenital hair loss
Anyone who suffers from alopecia and is worried about it can undergo a hair transplant. Alopecia is not the thing that damages your health. You can do it and you cannot do it. However, if this affects your self-esteem and lowers the quality of this life, you better get rid of this complex and restore your hair.
Step 2: How to determine hair transplant price, how much does a hair transplant cost?
Beautiful hair can dramatically change the appearance of a person; make it younger and more attractive. However, because of genetics, stress, hormonal failures in the body, many people face hair loss (alopecia). In the middle of the 20th century, physicians began to combat this problem by starting to perform hair restoration procedures. Modern medicine has stepped far ahead and now, in most cases, luxurious head of hair is a matter of timely treatment in a good clinic and financial opportunities.
We will consider the factors that affect the hair transplant cost on the head and in other areas in men and women:
- Methods of hair restoration. Currently, there are three methods of hair transplantation: FUT, FUE and DHI. Each has its own characteristics and is different in hair implants cost.
- FUT or STRIP method is also called an operational one. Its essence is as follows: a patch of skin is cut from the donor (occipital) zone with a scalpel, which is divided into grafts – fragments with hair follicles. The received grafts are placed in the recipient zone (i.e., the place of alopecia). Operation with a STRIP method occurs quite quickly, it is cheaper than the others, however, it has many shortcomings:
- Transplanted grafts often do not settle down due to damage during the cutting of the flap;
- At the place of suturing there is a scar, which, according to the patients, is visible with short haircuts;
- The scar reduces the donor zone because of which the re-operation is impossible or difficult;
- The healing time is longer than the other methods;
- Density is 2-3 times less than natural, the angle of inclination is not observed.
- This method is the cheapest for today. However, almost nobody uses it.
- FUE hair transplant (Follicular Unit Extraction). In this method, hair grafts for transplantation are isolated one by one from the entire occipital area or from the body. Each graft for transplantation is received by a surgeon using a special device. The work is very painstaking but the result is no trace of any scars! Within a week after the operation, microscopic scars, which first look like small red dots, heal and become completely invisible. This is the best hair transplant method for today. The hair transplant price is determined for each patient individually after consultation with the surgeon. However, it is more expensive than FUT method.
- The doctor removes hair follicles with a special tool of very small size (0.7 to 0.9 mm in diameter). Extraction is performed in the lateral and occipital zones that are not affected by genetic factors. The first thing that comes to mind when we hear DHI, that it is the same as the FUE hair transplant method. However, there are some differences between the two methods. The DHI method allows hair restoration without shaving the head. The grafts are transplanted in 1-2 minutes after the extraction. Therefore, they remain outside for a very short period of time. It’s easier to transplant between locks of hair. It is possible to achieve a higher hair density, especially when the area to be transplanted is not spacious. DHI hair implants cost is the most expensive for today.
- The degree of alopecia. The most common classification of degrees of male androgenic alopecia (according to Norwood) includes seven stages. Alopecia can progress from the first degree, in which it is imperceptible or barely noticeable (the front hairline is shifted slightly back to the last, the seventh, at which the hair remains only in the lateral zones. In women (hair transplant for women), alopecia is classified according to the Ludwig scale: from the first to the third degree. With each stage, hair thinning becomes more noticeable and the hair loss zone is larger. The higher the degree of alopecia, the more hair you need to transplant to the patient to achieve an aesthetic result and the more expensive, accordingly, the procedure will cost. In difficult cases, the patient must undergo several procedures, since the number of grafts transplanted at a time is limited.
- Hair transplant zone. Many believe that hair transplant is of interest only to those who are faced with the problem of hair loss on the head, but it is not true. Modern methods of hair implantation can solve not only the problem of alopecia but also increase the thickness of the beard, whiskers, form spectacular eyebrows or return the hair on the site of burns and scars, including after surgery, or change (lower) the natural first line of hair growth. On the one hand, if the site for hair transplantation is small, this will make the work less costly, since the number of grafts will be less. However, the face and eyebrows area is much more difficult for surgery, since it requires the highest precision, the surgeon’s jewellery work, so the price for each graft and for each follicular unit is higher.
- The country where you perform the hair transplant procedure. If you are going to hair transplant in America, England, Europe or hair transplant Dubai, this is not the best idea. In these places, you will pay at least $ 10,000. However, in 4-5 times cheaper you can find this procedure in clinics of Turkey, India, and Thailand. You can know more costs in this countries if you will search for hair transplant Thailand, hair transplant India, hair transplant Delhi.
Step 3: What should I pay attention to when choosing a hair transplant clinic or hospital?
Hair loss and baldness is an actual contemporary problem of millions of men and women all over the world. Only hair implantation allows solving this problem once and forever. For those who are seriously thinking about transplantation, it is important to understand that the result of your transplant will mostly depend on the experience and qualification of the transplant doctor and hair clinic.
When choosing a hair loss clinic, it is recommended to focus on the following characteristics:
- The first and, perhaps most important thing, is the availability of all necessary documents, in particular, licenses for the implementation of medical activities. Some companies indicate the license numbers directly on the site. However, if you did not find this information on the page of the medical center, do not hesitate to ask to show you all the necessary documentation.
- The second thing you should pay attention to is the term of the clinic’s work and the experience of its doctors. Good doctors are the pride of any clinic and if their names and qualifications are not listed on the site, this looks at least suspicious. In addition, knowing the name of a specific transplant doctor, you can easily find on the Internet reviews of his patients.
- It should be said that the reputation of the clinic is formed not only by their laudatory reviews of patients but also by the participation of its specialists in the research activities and life of the international medical community. If the doctors of the hair clinic have published scientific works and regularly participate in specialized seminars and conferences, this is an encouraging sign.
- Pay attention to the methods that are used in the chosen hair transplant clinic. Some clinics still perform hair transplantation using the FUT method. More gentle methods of FUE and DHI require certain knowledge and experience, and not all doctors own them.
- Comparing hair implants cost, do not forget to specify what exactly is included in the cost of the operation – does this amount include anesthesia, doctor’s consultations, diagnostics of the hair and scalp condition, the necessary tests? If you do not do this, in the process you may find that the cheapest hair clinic will eventually prove to be very expensive.
- In addition, experts recommend working with those hair clinics, where they undertake complex hair transplants (about 5000 grafts). This means that their experience, qualifications and technical facilities allow performing super complicated and costly procedures. Clinics that do not invest in themselves cannot do this.
Do not forget that hair transplant results partly depend on the patient himself (how accurately he follows the doctor’s recommendations after the procedure). In order for the restoration to take place without problems, it is necessary to give up for at least 2-3 weeks physical exercise, alcohol, swimming pool, sea bathing, sauna and bath, try not to overheat and sweating profusely. The exact time of all these limitations depends on the individual characteristics of the patient and the method by which the operation was performed.
Step 4: How can I find the best and most suitable hair transplant doctors for me?
No matter how you may think, hair transplant is an operation. Of course, now almost all techniques of this procedure are invasive. However, the hair transplant can still be performed only by an experienced surgeon. In many countries, for example, to perform a hair transplant, a doctor should have a special license for this manipulation. So, how to choose the right doctor for this procedure?
You have carefully read about this and realized that many surgeons can do this, however, a reliable hair transplant specialist can be difficult to find, especially if you do not know which elements to emphasize when choosing a doctor. Now that it’s time to do a hair transplant and choose a surgeon, you feel at a loss how to begin. This can be difficult because the industry is filled with a variety of clinics that want to provide you with the best services. Before you find out where to look, there are a few things that you might want to avoid at all costs for your own well-being.
For example, do not flip through the so-called yellow pages in search of a surgeon for hair transplant because you can end up making the wrong decision for the whole life. Now when you clearly understand what not to do, let’s talk about what to consider when choosing a surgeon for hair transplantation. When you choose a surgeon of your choice, here are the points to consider:
- Can he or she provide photos before and after? When choosing a surgeon, make sure that the doctor will provide you with at least ten before and after pictures of patients who have accessed it. You should check if there are any before and after pictures of the hair restoration for patients from different countries. This will show you that the doctor is known internationally for hair restoration procedures. However, you should be careful when viewing photos, make sure they are from the patients the surgeon treats, not just photos taken from another site, gallery or clinic. Usually, pictures have different colours and backgrounds, so you need to pay attention to the watermarks in the photos.
- Can the doctor refer you to previous patients? It is extremely important that your doctor is able to provide you with contacts of at least five or six clients who have contacted him. These patients will share their experiences, good or bad. And it will help you make an informed decision.
- The specialty of the doctor. What is your doctor specializing in? Is hair restoration the only area of specialization or is it one of the many practices that the surgeon conducts? If you are looking for a surgeon for hair transplantation, make sure that you find someone who is only engaged in hair restoration, and if he or she does this with other practices, hair transplant should be his or her main practice.
- Because hair transplant can be performed by any practicing surgeon, a doctor who has the experience and the correct training for hair transplant and has been in this industry for years seems to be the best choice. Do not be afraid to ask your doctor about his level of training. Since you will pay for your hard-earned money, never settle for less. You can also check if the doctor has knowledge in dermatology, as this is critical to helping patients deal with problems associated with hair loss and baldness.
- Team support. Even if your doctor is the best doctor in the city, you will not get the exceptional service that you are looking for without a good supporting team. Look for a surgeon who has a special support team. See if the clinic provides an interpreter to help foreign clients or those who do not understand English. In addition, make sure that employees work as patient coordinators to help patients during hair restoration.
- How does a surgeon conduct an FUE? How does a surgeon conduct an FUE? When it comes to FUE, the surgeon must be careful. He or she should correctly collect the hair follicles. Collected hair follicles should be placed in a safe, sterilized environment to prevent contamination. Again, the doctor should pay attention to the directions and angles of transplants when transplanting them into the recipient’s area. It is also important for the surgeon to create a natural hairline.
Step 5: What are the hair implant results and patient experiences?
Hair transplant is the process of transplanting follicles from donor sites where follicles are present in large numbers to the bald scalp area. Even in the case of androgenetic alopecia, a lot of intact hair remains on the back of the neck and on the sides, so the material from the patient’s donor area is used for hair transplantation to avoid the problem of tissue rejection. This allows all men and women to restore their hair and get rid of many complexes. However, is everything so good in practice? What are the results of hair transplant before and after?
Every day more than 300 people in the world make hair implantation. Each of them has its own experience and its results. Basically, all patients remain satisfied and this part of those people who have chosen the right clinic and the right doctor. However, people who have chosen the wrong place think about how to correct an unsuccessful hair restoration. It goes without saying that people who make transplant there do not have any experience, do not know and do not apply new technologies. Therefore, you should understand that when you choose a clinic for a transplant, you make your choice and your result will depend on it.
The transplant effect will be with you for the rest of your life and the transplanted hair will never fall out. The thing is that only those hairs that are not prone to fall are taken for transplant. If you remember, all balding men, even at the most advanced age, have a solid strip of dense hair on their nape. Hair for transplantation is taken from this genetically programmed part of the head, which never grows bald. Such damaging factors, such as hormonal effects, no influence on such hair.
Let’s look at a few reviews from the Internet from real people. Which hair transplant results do they have?
- I chose clinics for a long time, read many reviews. I live in Bulgaria, I wanted to make a transfer in London but it’s very expensive. I went to Istanbul, did the FUE operation, and did not want to have stitches. The nape was shaved, two days after the operation there was a bandage, then it was removed. The week looked ridiculous, and then all traces after transplantation disappeared. Nothing hurt at all. It’s already been a year and I’m with my hair!
- The first operation was done in Turkey. I think they planted much less than they said. The second operation was made in Thailand, FUE 2300 grafts. I liked the approach, the service, and the result.
- I want to share my experience. I had a big scar on my head after the accident, in Kazakhstan doctors refused to do the operation. I read the reviews, chose a doctor in Turkey, the result was very satisfied, and I did the FUE operation. I advise you to contact the Turkish clinics.
- I had a Strip operation 9 years ago in Germany, the seam was very visible after the operation. Then I did a hair transplant using the FUE method in Dubai, the seam was almost invisible. I’m very pleased with the hair transplant before and after results.
- I had a big bald head, did a procedure for 12 hours using the DHI method, as for me it is the best method and the most important thing is that you do not need to shave your head. The operation was a full day but it was worth it.